WORSHIP UPDATE We are happy to announce that we will now be able to offer three worship options. St. Peter will be worshiping online, in the parking lot, and in the sanctuary. There are a lot of details involved so please read the following information and ask if you have any questions.
WORSHIP IN THE SANCTUARY
- Beginning on Sunday, July 4th at 8:30am.
- Sign up is required by Fridays at noonby calling (920-452-4771), emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org), replying to this message, or responding to the Facebook event. We need to know how many people from your household will be attending. Please leave a voicemail if you call, and a comment if you reply via the Facebook event. Our current indoor capacity is 45 people.
- Because we continue to follow the command we are given to love our neighbors (Matthew 22:39) we ask that you wear a mask and distance between households.
- To help keep people safe between services, we ask that you enter and exit the parking lot via the Geele Ave. driveway.
- Building use requirements are still in place. A reminder of the building use requirements is included towards the end of this email.
- The service will be recorded for online worship.
- We hope to be able to move to a capacity of 70 people soon, which will most likely not require sign up.
PARKING LOT WORSHIP
- 9:30am on Sunday mornings in the parking lot.
- There are no capacity limits for outdoor activities and no sign up is necessary.
- Please enter and exit via the Geele Ave. driveway.
- Bring your own chairand dress appropriately for the weather.
- Because we continue to follow the command we are given to love our neighbors (Matthew 22:39) we ask that you wear a mask and maintain distance at the comfort levels of those around you.
- A decision will be made at 8:00am on Sunday mornings if parking lot worship will be cancelled because of the weather. Cancellations will be posted on the church website and Facebook page as soon as possible. Please spread the word if cancellations are made so that everyone can hear the news.
A recording of the 8:30am worship service (beginning July 4th) will be posted as soon as possible on Sunday mornings on the St. Peter Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/stpetersheboygan/ and website https://stpetersheboygan.com and St. Peter Lutheran Church – Sheboygan YouTube page https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkvPIB8agxVhS72C5822etA
BUILDING USE As always, we ask that people make arrangements with Carrie in advance. Beginning on July 4th, our building capacity will be 45 people. We are still limiting groups to three hours to avoid overlap of space and allow time for cleaning between groups. Building use requirements are still in place for anyone using the building. We are asking people to wear masks to respect each other, visitors, and staff. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue the process of opening the building.
FREE LITTLE LIBRARY We have been gifted a ‘Free Little Library’ and are excited to get it started! We are looking for people to help set up and maintain the library. If you are interested, please reply to this email and let us know.
BIBLE STUDY Join us for Bible Study, led by Myra, on Wednesday mornings from 10:00am to 11:00am in the Fireside Room. Please reply to this email or call the church office at 920.452.4771 to sign up to attend.
BUILDING USE REQUIREMENTS We continue to follow building use requirements because we continue to love and care for each other. Building use requirements for individuals and groups are: staff member must be present in the building (Carrie or Pastor Kristin); masks must be worn; distance of six feet between households; we will wait to eat together for the time being so there will be no shared meals; one person in a bathroom at a time and people are expected to clean after each use on their own using Clorox wipes provided; individuals and groups are expected to remain in planned locations; people should follow the signs regarding entering and exiting the building; if you are feeling ill or have been exposed to anyone who is sick, please do not come into the building. Staff members do not need to attend meetings, but will be present in the building to track people present and clean after.
RESOURCES The United Way of Sheboygan County has a list that you can find here of local resources for abuse, child care, mental health, unemployment, financial assistance, and more.
The National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI) has a helpline 800-950-6264 that is available M-F 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. This helpline provides the one-on-one help and information necessary to tackle tough challenges that you, your family or friends are facing. They also have 24/7 crisis support. Call 800-273-8255 or text NAMI to 741-741 to receive free support via text message. If you or someone you know is struggling, you are not alone. There is no shame in asking for help.
Please reach out and ask for help if you feel like it is something you or someone you know might need. Pastor Kristin is also a resource. You can send her a message at email@example.com.
PRAYER REQUESTS Please keep the following people in your prayers: Jim, John, Carmen and her children, Pastor Cruz, Mitchell, Kelly, Bryon, Steve, Mary, David, Sean, Ken, Delores, Dick, and Apostles of Christ.