We are happy to offer three worship options. St. Peter will be worshiping online, in the parking lot, and in the sanctuary. There are a lot of details involved so please read the following information and ask if you have any questions.
Worship in the Sanctuary (Click here to view an informative video!)
- Beginning on Sunday, July 4th at 8:30am.
- Sign up is required by Fridays at noon by calling (920-452-4771), emailing (email@example.com), replying to this message, or responding to the Facebook event. We need to know how many people from your household will be attending. Please leave a voicemail if you call and a comment if you reply via the Facebook event. Our current indoor capacity is 45 people.
- Because we continue to follow the command we are given to love our neighbors (Matthew 22:39) we ask that you wear a mask and distance between households.
- To help keep people safe between services, we ask that you enter and exit the parking lot via the Geele Ave. driveway.
- Building use requirements are still in place.
- The service will be recorded for online worship.
- We hope to be able to move to a capacity of 70 people soon, which will most likely not require sign up.
Parking Lot Worship
- 9:30am on Sunday mornings in the parking lot.
- There are no capacity limits for outdoor activities and no sign up is necessary.
- Please enter and exit via the Geele Ave. driveway.
- Bring your own chair and dress appropriately for the weather.
- Because we continue to follow the command we are given to love our neighbors (Matthew 22:39) we ask that you wear a mask and maintain distance at the comfort levels of those around you.
- A decision will be made at 8:00am on Sunday mornings if parking lot worship will be cancelled because of the weather. Cancellations will be posted on the church website and Facebook page as soon as possible. Please spread the word if cancellations are made so that everyone can hear the news.
A recording of the 8:30am worship service will be posted as soon as possible on Sunday mornings on the St. Peter Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/stpetersheboygan/ and website https://stpetersheboygan.com and St. Peter Lutheran Church – Sheboygan YouTube page https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkvPIB8agxVhS72C5822etA
As always, we ask that people make arrangements with Carrie in advance. Beginning on July 4th, our building capacity will be 45 people. We are still limiting groups to three hours to avoid overlap of space and allow time for cleaning between groups. Building use requirements are still in place for anyone using the building. We are asking people to wear masks to respect each other, visitors, and staff. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue the process of opening the building.
Building Use Requirements
We continue to follow building use requirements because we continue to love and care for each other. Building use requirements for individuals and groups are: staff member must be present in the building (Carrie or Pastor Kristin); masks must be worn; distance of six feet between households; we will wait to eat together for the time being so there will be no shared meals; one person in a bathroom at a time and people are expected to clean after each use on their own using Clorox wipes provided; individuals and groups are expected to remain in planned locations; people should follow the signs regarding entering and exiting the building; if you are feeling ill or have been exposed to anyone who is sick, please do not come into the building. Staff members do not need to attend meetings, but will be present in the building to track people present and clean after.
PARISH LIFE MISSION NEWS
Little Free Library
We have been gifted a ‘Free Little Library’ and are excited to get it started! We are looking for people to help set up and maintain the library. If you are interested, please reply to this email and let us know.
SOCIAL OUTREACH MISSION NEWS
The United Way of Sheboygan County has a list that you can find here of local resources for abuse, child care, mental health, unemployment, financial assistance, and more. The National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI) has a helpline 800-950-6264 that is available M-F 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. This helpline provides the one-on-one help and information necessary to tackle tough challenges that you, your family or friends are facing. They also have 24/7 crisis support. Call 800-273-8255 or text NAMI to 741-741 to receive free support via text message. Please reach out and ask for help if you feel like it is something you or someone you know might need. Pastor Kristin is also a resource. Send her a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As mentioned in the annual report, Northside Christian Food Pantry moved last fall to a better location within St. Dominic. The new location is more accessible for customers and allowed for more space which was needed for social distancing during Covid. Throughout the Covid Pandemic the pantry remained open in order to serve those in need and carry out our mission. We are blessed with loyalvolunteers who followed Covid protocol and remain there today. On June 17th Father Norbe came to bless the pantry. Volunteers and Corporate Board Members attended. A big thank you to the members of St. Peter who contributed financially during the past year. The funds provided fresh produce and products outside of donations that were needed. It was appreciated. – Pat L.
Thanks be to God that Carmen has been returned safely to our Apostles of Christ community. We pray that God will watch over her children at the border. Please pray for Ingrid who lost her father to Covid. Wow. At this time I would like to thank our amazing sponsors who have faithfully sent in their money during this Covid disruption. Our third payment has been sent to Apostles of Christ in June. Thanks to all. – Jim S. and the El Salvador Team
LIFELONG LEARNING MISSION NEWS
Join us for Bible Study, led by Myra, on Wednesday mornings from 10:00am to 11:00am in the Fireside Room. Please reply to this email or call the church office at 920.452.4771 to sign up to attend.
PRAYER REQUESTS Please keep the following people in your prayers: Jim, John, Carmen and her children, Pastor Cruz, Mitchell, Kelly, Bryon, Steve, Mary, David, Sean, Ken, Delores, Dick, and Apostles of Christ.